A Festive Rendition of the Iconic Singapore Sling
As we dive headfirst into the cozy chaos of the holiday season, I’m stoked to share something that’s become a bit of a star in my own celebrations – the Indian Fling cocktail. It’s not just a drink; it’s like a little sip of my holiday spirit in a glass, and I can’t wait for you to give it a go. Think twinkling lights, laughter with your favorite people, and a drink that’s like a cool remix of the classic Singapore Sling. This drink is my way of saying, “Cheers to this holiday season!”
Imagine a fancy coupe glass with a rim that’s a flavor party, promising you a sip that’s all about blending tradition with a bit of my own twist. This drink isn’t just about taste; it’s about the whole vibe – a concoction that wraps you in the warmth of winter spices and the joy of kicking back with a damn good drink.
So, let’s unwrap this liquid present together, shall we? Cheers to making memories that sparkle a little brighter, one sip at a time this holiday season!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are many things to love about this easy and delicious cocktail recipe! And the warm spices are sure to warm you right up.
- Festive Transformation: This drink transcends the ordinary, offering a spirited transformation that mirrors the joy and vibrancy of the holiday season.
- Bartender-Tested, Crowd-Approved: Beyond personal acclaim, this cocktail has been embraced by a seasoned bartender, ensuring not just my endorsement but a collective stamp of approval from those who understand the nuances of mixology.
- Quick Elegance: In under 5 minutes, this libation seamlessly fuses elegance and simplicity, making it the perfect addition to impromptu celebrations or well-planned gatherings this holiday season.
- Winter Spice Symphony: Dive into a symphony of winter spices that elevate a Singapore Sling and define the quintessence of holiday indulgence, elevating this drink to a league of its own.
Key Ingredients for this Indian Fling Cocktail
Time to get your hands on the good stuff! From the tropical twist of pineapple juice to the elegance of Plymouth Gin, these key players bring this drink to life.
- Sugar Rim: Elevate the sensory experience by creating an enticing rim. Combine sugar and all spice on a plate, rim coupe glasses with a touch of lemon, then dip in the sugar-all spice blend. Place glasses in the fridge or freezer for an added chill factor.
- Pineapple Juice: Infuse a tropical flair with 2 oz. of refreshing pineapple juice. This not only imparts a sweet and tangy note but introduces a layer of complexity that harmonizes with the other ingredients.
- Gin: Elevate the concoction with 1.5 oz. of Plymouth Gin. The choice of gin is crucial, and Plymouth Gin, with its balanced botanicals, serves as the backbone, ensuring a sophisticated yet approachable flavor profile.
- Luxardo: Infuse a zesty twist with 0.25 oz. of lime juice. This addition not only provides a burst of freshness but acts as a counterbalance, preventing the richness from overwhelming the senses.
- Egg White: Incorporate 0.75 oz. of egg white for a luxurious frothiness. This element transforms the texture, introducing a velvety mouthfeel that enhances the overall drinking experience.
- Bitters: Add depth to the narrative with a dash of Angostura Bitters. This subtle addition provides complexity, enriching the layers of flavors in the cocktail.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Enhance the custard’s protein profile and help with sweetness, contributing to the overall nutritional balance.
- Absinthe: Elevate the aromatic experience with 2-3 sprays from an Absinthe Atomizer. This final touch imparts a hint of anise, creating a captivating olfactory prelude to each sip.
Ready to play mad scientist with your drinks? Swap gins, switch up liqueurs – this drink is your canvas. Let’s talk substitutions and get creative!
- Gin: Experiment with various gin varieties to uncover unique flavor dimensions that resonate with your palate. Even give Non-Alcoholic Gin for a sober drink option!
- Luxardo: Consider substituting Luxardo with a different cherry liqueur to explore nuanced variations in sweetness and complexity.
- Sweetness: For a subtle sweetness, replace Bénédictine with honey syrup, tailoring the cocktail to personal preferences.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Behind every great drink is a set of trusty tools. From rimming glasses with sugary goodness to shaking things up, let’s gear up for cocktail success!
- Coupe Glass: Ensure an exquisite presentation by rimming coupe glasses with the sugar-all spice blend. The tactile experience of each sip begins with the rim.
- Shaker: Attain the perfect blend of flavors with a reliable shaker, allowing for precise mixing and the creation of a well-balanced concoction.
With these basic tools and equipment, you’ll be well-prepared to create a gorgeous and yummy cocktail this holiday season that will out-do any Singapore sling.
How to Make Your Indian Fling Cocktail
Alright, time to roll up those sleeves and get our mixology game on! Crafting the perfect Indian Fling is a breeze, and here’s your step-by-step guide to greatness.
Rimmed to Perfection
Before we jump into mixing, let’s set the stage. Mix sugar and all spice on a plate – it’s like a spicy sugary dance floor for your glass.
Take your coupe glasses for a twirl. Rim them with a touch of lemon – think of it as the VIP pass – then dip them in the sugar-all spice blend. Pop them in the fridge or freezer to chill, giving that rim some extra sparkle.
Time to assemble the cast! In your shaker, bring together the pineapple juice, Plymouth Gin, Luxardo, Cointreau, Bénédictine, lime juice, egg white, and a dash of Angostura Bitters. It’s a party in a shaker!
Toss in a couple of ice cubes – the more, the merrier. Shake that shaker like you’re celebrating a touchdown. The aim? A frothy, well-blended mix that’s as smooth as holiday jazz.
Bring back those chilled coupe glasses from the cool corner of your fridge or freezer. Now, strain that delicious concoction from the shaker into these glasses. This is where the magic happens – the stage is set!
Sprinkle a little extra all spice on top. It’s like the confetti of spices, adding that last burst of flavor. Now, garnish with a star anise – it’s the drink’s final bow, and it looks darn good too.
If you’re feeling generous (or thirsty), repeat the process for more servings. This Indian Fling Cocktail is a solo act or a group performance – it’s versatile like that.
Grab your creation and take a moment. Admire the colors, breathe in the aromas, and get ready for that first sip. This Indian Fling Cocktail isn’t just a drink; it’s an experience. So, savor every moment, my friend!
And there you have it – your backstage pass to crafting the ideal Indian Fling, my favorite twist on a Singapore Sling cocktail. A sip of this, and you’re not just making a cocktail; you’re creating a moment. Cheers to you, the master mixologist of your own festivities this holiday season!
Tips and Tricks
Time to spill the secrets! Wet rims, shake it like you mean it, and let’s talk ice. These tips and tricks will have you crafting an Indian Fling that’s a total showstopper.
- Thorough Rim Coating: When rimming the coupe glasses, ensure a thorough coating of the sugar and all spice blend. The aromatic essence from the rim sets the stage for the entire drinking experience.
- Shake to Perfection: Shake the ingredients with enthusiasm and vigor. This not only ensures a well-mixed cocktail but activates the egg white, creating a luxurious frothiness that defines the texture.
So, you’ve crafted the Indian Fling, and now you’re thinking ahead – can you keep this liquid delight ready for an encore? Let’s talk about storing the magic for those moments when you want to savor it without the shake.
- Immediate Gratification: If you’re planning a mini fiesta and want to do some prep in advance, you can mix all the ingredients (excluding ice) ahead of time. Store this mix in the fridge, so when it’s showtime, all you need to do is shake it up, add ice, and voila – instant joy in a glass.
Just a heads up – the Indian Fling is a live performance kind of drink. While it can be stored for a bit, it’s designed for immediate enjoyment. So, don’t keep this star waiting too long; let it shine while it’s at its best.
And there you have it – your guide to extending the life of the Indian Fling Cocktail. Whether you’re prepping for a party or saving a bit for a solo celebration, these storage tips will ensure your cocktail experience stays as delightful as the first sip. Cheers to the art of savoring the moment!
More Holiday Recipes
No holiday season is complete without some desserts and iconic holiday-flavored breakfasts! So checkout the list below of some of my top holiday recipes.
- Protein-Packed Crescent Roll Apple Tarts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Single-Serve Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf
Got burning questions about the Indian Fling? I’ve got your back! From going non-alcoholic to the story behind the drink, let’s dive into the FAQs.
Can I create a non-alcoholic version of the Indian Fling?
Absolutely. Substitute non-alcoholic gin or omit the spirits entirely for a delightful mocktail experience that captures the essence of the original.
Can I prepare the cocktail in advance for a party?
While the Indian Fling is best served fresh, you can pre-mix the ingredients (excluding ice) ahead of time and refrigerate. This allows for a quick and seamless assembly, ensuring you can effortlessly share the experience with guests.
What’s a good alternative if I don’t have Absinthe for the atomizer?
Experiment with a similar anise-flavored liqueur as a substitute, adjusting the quantity based on personal preference. This allows for a personalized touch without compromising the aromatic essence.
Why create the Indian Fling? What’s the story behind it?
The Indian Fling is my way of blending the familiar with the unexpected, bringing a touch of festive magic to every glass. It’s not just a drink; it’s a crafted experience, designed to add a bit of sparkle to your celebrations.
And there you have it, my festive friends – the Indian Fling Cocktail decoded, from rim to sip which beats any Singapore Sling! I hope this guide sparks a bit of mixology magic in your own celebrations this Holiday season.
Remember, it’s not just a cocktail; it’s an experience, and every sip is a little celebration in itself. Whether you’re toasting with friends, unwinding after a long day, or simply reveling in the joy of the season, the Indian Fling is here to add a touch of spirited bliss to your glass.
Cheers to crafting unforgettable moments, one cocktail at a time!
Indian Fling Cocktail
- Rim: Sugar + All Spice
- 2 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 1.5 oz. Plymouth Gin
- 0.5 oz. Luxardo
- 0.25 oz. Cointreau
- 0.25 oz. Bénédictine
- 0.25 oz. Lime Juice
- 0.75 oz. Egg White
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- 2-3 Sprays (Absinthe Atomizer)
- Sprinkle of All Spice
- Garnish with Star Anise
- In a small plate, add some sugar and all spice. Mix and rim your coupe glasses with lemon and dip in the sugar mix. Put in fridge or freezer to chill.
- In your shaker, add on the remaining ingredients besides topping ingredients.
- Add a couple cubes of ice and shake vigorously well.
- Pour into your coupe and top with all spice and a star anise. Repeat for multiple drinks!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!