A Protein-Packed Dessert to Satisfy Any Sweet Tooth!
Picture this cozy scenario: fall vibes in the air, leaves doing their gentle dance, and a kitchen filled with the irresistible aroma of pumpkin spice. That’s the backdrop for my latest kitchen adventure, the Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf. It’s not just a recipe; it’s like a warm hug from autumn itself. Think velvety pumpkin purée, a protein-packed party with eggs, and a sprinkle of spices, all wrapped up in a creamy, reduced-fat cream cheese frosting.
Whether you’re throwing a fall bash or just treating yourself to some me-time, each slice is like a little moment of autumn magic.
So, let’s dive into this laid-back baking journey where the oven’s warmth meets the chill vibes of the season, and every bite is a chill, cozy hug.
Macros Per Serving
251 Calories | 33g Carbs | 4g Fat | 21g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love some Fall baking and the sweet smells of Pumpkin Spice in your house, then you need to make this Pumpkin Loaf. But if you’re still not convinced, here are some more reasons.
- Protein-Packed Goodness: Each slice of this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf is a powerhouse of protein, packing a satisfying 21g per serving. A treat that not only delights your taste buds but also supports your nutritional goals.
- Symphony of Fall Flavors: Immerse yourself in the rich, comforting notes of fall with the perfect blend of pumpkin purée, warm spices, and the creamy decadence of reduced-fat cream cheese frosting. It’s like capturing the essence of autumn in every bite.
- Simple and Quick: This recipe doesn’t demand hours in the kitchen. With just 15 minutes of prep time, you can whip up a delightful treat that’s ready to impress. Perfect for those who crave a homemade indulgence without the fuss.
- Versatile Serving Options: Whether you’re hosting a gathering or treating yourself to a quiet moment, this loaf fits the bill. Share it with friends or savor it solo – it’s a versatile dessert that suits any occasion.
- Healthier Alternative to Starbucks Muffins: Love those Starbucks muffins but not the calories? This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf offers the same cozy vibes with a third of the calories. A guilt-free indulgence that doesn’t compromise on flavor.
- Perfectly Balanced Texture: Experience the joy of biting into a loaf that’s not just flavorful but boasts a spot-on texture. Each slice strikes the right balance between fluffy and moist, making it a delightful sensory experience.
- Ideal for Fall Gatherings: Planning a fall get-together? Impress your guests with the warm, seasonal charm of this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf. It’s a dessert that embodies the spirit of autumn and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
This recipe isn’t just about baking; it’s about creating moments. Whether you’re enjoying it with loved ones or savoring a quiet slice with your favorite beverage, this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf turns every bite into a cherished experience.
Key Ingredients for this Pumpkin Loaf
Let’s take a closer look at the key ingredients you will need to make this delicious Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf:
- Pumpkin Purée: Dive into the heart of autumn with this velvety base, infusing the loaf with the rich, comforting essence of pumpkin.
- Whole Brown Eggs: Helps bind the batter but also provides the protein-packed structure, ensuring each bite is not only flavorful but also a nutritional boost.
- Sugar-Free Syrup: Sweeten the symphony without the guilt, adding a touch of sweetness that complements the pumpkin without overpowering.
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt: Introduce creaminess and a subtle tang, elevating the texture and balance of flavors.
- Protein Plant Milk: Enhance the protein content while maintaining a plant-based approach, contributing to the overall moistness of the loaf.
- Vanilla Extract: Infuse a hint of warmth and sweetness, rounding out the flavor profile with a touch of aromatic vanilla.
- All-Purpose Flour: Forms the foundation of the loaf, ensuring a perfect balance between fluffiness and structure.
- Baking Protein Powder: Elevates the protein content, contributing to the nutritional value of each slice. I prefer using the Quest Baking Protein Powder because it is unflavored and provides the fluffiest texture.
- Pumpkin Spice: Unleash the quintessential autumn flavors, combining cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves for that signature seasonal taste. Pretty essential in any fall baking recipe.
Cream Cheese Frosting –
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese: Supply a luxurious, creamy layer that pairs harmoniously with the pumpkin, adding a decadent touch.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Egg Substitute: Experiment with your favorite egg substitute for a vegan version. Applesauce, mashed banana, or flax eggs can work well in maintaining the loaf’s structure.
- Gluten-Free Flour: Swap all-purpose flour for a gluten-free alternative if you’re following a gluten-free lifestyle. Options like oat flour, almond flour or a gluten-free baking blend can be excellent substitutes.
- Plant-Based Milk: Feel free to choose your preferred plant-based milk for a personalized touch. Whether it’s almond, soy, or oat milk, the choice is yours.
- Sweetener: Adjust the sweetness by experimenting with different sugar-free syrups or alternative sweeteners. Maple syrup or agave nectar can be delightful substitutes for a different flavor profile.
- Cream Cheese Alternative: For a vegan twist, opt for a dairy-free cream cheese alternative. There are various plant-based options available that provide a similar creamy texture.
- Spice Customization: Tailor the pumpkin spice blend to your liking. Add more cinnamon for warmth, nutmeg for a hint of earthiness, or cloves for a touch of spice based on your personal preferences.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
You won’t need a kitchen marathon for this one. Here’s what you’ll be working with:
- Mixing Bowls: A spacious bowl is essential for whisking together the wet and dry ingredients, ensuring they blend seamlessly to create a cohesive batter.
- Bread Tin or Muffin Pan: Depending on your preference, choose a bread tin for a classic loaf or opt for a muffin pan for individual portions. Ensure they are oven-safe and appropriately sized for your baking needs.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C) before baking. A reliable oven ensures even baking and optimal results.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
- Measuring Spoons: Accurate measurements are crucial for the success of your pumpkin loaf. Use measuring spoons for precise amounts of spices and extracts.
- Whisk: A sturdy whisk facilitates the smooth blending of wet ingredients, creating a velvety texture in your batter.
- Rubber Spatula or Wooden Spoon: Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for gently folding in the dry ingredients. This helps avoid overmixing, ensuring a light and fluffy loaf.
- Toothpick: This humble tool serves as your baking detective. Perform the toothpick test to check for doneness by inserting it into the center of the loaf. It should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Knife for Slicing: A sharp knife ensures clean and attractive slices. Wipe the knife between cuts for a polished appearance.
- Parchment Paper: Line your bread tin or muffin pan with parchment paper for easy removal, ensuring your creation comes out effortlessly.
With these essential tools, you’re well-equipped to turn your kitchen into a cozy haven for creating the perfect Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf.
How to Make Your Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf
In this How To Make section, I’ll guide you through each step, from composing the pumpkin overture to frosting your creation with a creamy crescendo. It’s a culinary adventure where simple ingredients and a dash of creativity converge to create a symphony of flavors. Let’s dive in and bring this autumn-inspired masterpiece to life!
Prepare Your Oven
Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease and flour your bread tin or muffin pan to ensure an easy release once your masterpiece is baked.
Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, dive right in by whisking together the wet ingredients. Let the pumpkin purée take center stage, dancing with the eggs, sugar-free syrup, nonfat Greek yogurt, protein plant milk, and a tablespoon of vanilla extract. Whisk until the ensemble is smooth and harmonious.
Incorporate the Dry Ingredients
Gently fold in the dry ingredients to create the perfect balance. The all-purpose flour, baking protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt join the symphony, each contributing its unique note to the melody. Fold until the composition is evenly incorporated, and a velvety batter emerges.
Set the Baking Scene
Pour this delectable mixture into your prepared bread tin or muffin pan, ensuring an even layer. The batter is now ready to take center stage in the preheated oven.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, allowing the aroma of fall to fill your kitchen. Perform the toothpick test to ensure the loaf is cooked to perfection. If the toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, your creation is ready to make its debut.
Cream Cheese Frosting
While the loaf is cooling, whisk together the ingredients for the cream cheese frosting. Reduced fat cream cheese, sugar-free syrup, vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice come together to create a luscious frosting. It’s the crowning glory of your pumpkin symphony.
Generously frost the top with the creamy decadence of your prepared cream cheese frosting in an even layer. This step is like adding the final brushstrokes to a masterpiece.
Slice and Savor
Cut your loaf into 8 equal slices, each a testament to the artistry of your culinary creation. As you savor each bite, let the flavors and textures transport you to a world where autumnal bliss is baked into every moment.
Share the joy by serving this delightful creation at gatherings or enjoy a quiet slice with your favorite beverage. Whether shared or savored solo, let this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf be the star of your autumn repertoire.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some valuable tips and tricks to make your preparation of this Pumpkin Loaf even more enjoyable and successful.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensure that your wet ingredients, such as eggs and Greek yogurt, are at room temperature. This promotes better mixing and a smoother batter.
- Don’t Overmix: When combining wet and dry ingredients, gently fold them together until just combined. Overmixing can result in a denser loaf, so treat your batter with a light hand.
- Toothpick Test: Use the toothpick test to determine doneness. Insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf, and if it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (not wet batter), your pumpkin creation is ready.
- Consistent Slicing: For perfect slices, use a sharp knife and wipe it clean between cuts. This helps achieve clean edges and ensures each slice looks as good as it tastes. If you want to be crazy like me, you can also weigh out each slice to be equal portions.
- Cool Before Frosting: Allow the loaf to cool completely before applying the cream cheese frosting. This prevents the frosting from melting and ensures a beautifully frosted finish.
- Plan Ahead for Gatherings: If you’re preparing for a gathering, consider baking the loaf a day in advance and storing it in the refrigerator. This allows you to focus on hosting while ensuring a fresh and delicious dessert.
Here are some storage instructions to ensure your Protein-Packed Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf remains fresh and safe to eat for future enjoyment.
- Refrigeration is Key: Due to the cream cheese frosting, it’s best to store your Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf in the refrigerator. This helps maintain freshness and prevents the frosting from becoming too soft.
- Airtight Container: Place the sliced loaf or individual slices in an airtight container. This prevents the absorption of odors from the refrigerator and keeps the flavors intact.
- Separation Awareness: If you’re storing individual slices, consider placing parchment paper between them to prevent sticking. This ensures that each slice maintains its visual appeal.
- Avoid Freezing and Thawing: While freezing is a handy option, try to avoid it in general as it can impact the texture and taste of your pumpkin creation.
Remember, every slice of your Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf is a moment to be savored, so storing it thoughtfully ensures that each bite is as delightful as the first.
More Dessert Recipes
I am a lover of dessert and require something sweet after every meal. Which is why I have a plethora of other healthy dessert options just for you!
- Guilt-Free and Gluten-Free Vegan Twix Bites
- Fudgy Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Vegan Peach Crumble Bars with Candied Pecans
Can I make this Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf gluten-free?
For sure! Embark on a gluten-free journey by substituting the all-purpose flour with your preferred gluten-free alternative, ensuring every slice remains a harmonious melody of flavors.
Is there a vegan option for the Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf?
Certainly! Elevate this dish to vegan heights by experimenting with your favorite egg substitute, allowing you to savor the essence of autumn guilt-free.
How should I store leftovers?
Preserve the magic by storing any remaining slices in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This ensures each bite maintains its peak freshness, inviting you to savor the essence of autumn with every indulgent moment.
There you have it, pizza aficionados! A Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl that’s not only a breeze to make but also a delightful dance of flavors in every bite. Dive into this guilt-free pleasure and make your lunchtime a celebration of quick, tasty, and protein-packed goodness!
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf
- 425 g (1 can) Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Whole Brown Eggs (Vital Farms)
- 60 ml Sugar Free Syrup (Mrs. Buttersworths)
- 170 g (2/3 cup) Nonfat Greek Yogurt (Siggi’s)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Protein Plant Milk (Good Karma)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 180 g (1.5 cups) All-Purpose Flour (King Arthur)
- 112 g (4 scoops) Baking Protein Powder (Quest)
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 124 g Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
- 30 ml Sugar Free Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Spice
- In a large bowl, add in your wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add in all of your dry ingredients and carefully fold into wet until all evenly incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a bread tin muffin, add in your batter in an even layer. Bake for 30-35 mins. Do the toothpick test to ensure it is cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese ingredients.
- Once the loaf has completely cooled, frost the top with your cream cheese.
- Cut into 8 equal slices!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!