The Best Grab-n-Go Breakfast Wrap for a Flavorful Start to your Morning!
I’ve got something special for your that will make your mornings such a breeze! I’ve got a delicious, better for you Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap that’s a Copycat Starbucks recipe. We’re talking about breakfast magic, the kind that turns your kitchen into a haven of flavors. Inspired by the beloved Starbucks classic but with a personalized twist, this isn’t just a wrap; it’s a morning masterpiece. And they are the perfect meal prep that you can make in bulk ahead of time, freeze, and then eat throughout the week.
No need to rush through breakfast when you can savor each bite of this homemade delight. Join me on a journey where we turn the ordinary into extraordinary, and your taste buds become VIP guests at the breakfast party.
So, whether you’re a seasoned breakfast chef or just starting your cooking adventure, get ready for a breakfast experience that’s not just about fueling your day but celebrating the art of starting it right!
Macros Per Serving
361 Calories | 28g Carbs | 13g Fat | 33g Protein
- Macros Per Serving
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Key Ingredients for this Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap
- Substitution Options
- Equipment and Tools
- How to Make Your Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap
- Tips and Tricks
- Storage Instructions
- More Breakfast Recipes
- Recipe Card
- Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Discover the top highlights of this breakfast wrap bliss – from the satisfaction of homemade goodness to the protein-packed powerhouse that’ll keep you fueled for the day.
- Homemade Goodness: Experience the satisfaction of creating your breakfast masterpiece, surpassing the store-bought version with each delicious bite. This Copycat Starbucks recipe is sure to taste better than the real deal.
- Protein-Packed: Packed with a substantial 33g of protein, this wrap isn’t just a treat for your taste buds but a nutritional powerhouse that will keep you fueled throughout your day.
- Quick and Easy: Embrace the convenience of a swift and straightforward recipe, ensuring a delicious start to your day without compromising precious time.
- Meal Prep Friendly: This breakfast wrap is a great meal to make ahead of time and meal prep! Freeze a few and then easily reheat them in the morning for a grab-n-go breakfast.
Key Ingredients for this Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap
To create this delectable Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap, you will need a few whole food ingredients to really fuel yourself. Let’s break down the stars of the show – from fluffy egg whites to creamy feta, and a hint of optional spice with crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers, we’re building layers of flavor.
- Egg Whites: Craft a fluffy and protein-rich base that forms the core of your satisfying breakfast wrap.
- Large Brown Egg: Introduce richness and depth to your wrap with a high-quality brown egg, contributing to the perfect texture.
- Fat-Free Feta: Add a tangy and creamy element to your wrap without the guilt of excess fats.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Elevate the freshness and introduce juicy bursts of flavor to your morning delight. The Starbucks recipe consists of sun-dried tomatoes but cherry tomatoes are much more cost effective and versatile in my fridge.
- Fresh Spinach: Sautéed to perfection, spinach adds earthy notes and a nutritional boost to your wrap.
- Optional – Crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers: Kick up the spice level for those who enjoy a hint of heat in their morning bite.
- Lavash Flatbread: A thin and pliable canvas that holds all the layers together of your Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap, providing the perfect texture.
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese: Creamy goodness to spread within the lavash, adding a luscious texture to every bite.
Explore the versatility of this copycat Starbucks recipe with substitution options, from crafting a vegan version to accommodating gluten-free needs, ensuring everyone can relish this morning treat.
- Make it Vegan: Swap eggs for a plant-based alternative (such as a tofu scramble or soybean “just eggs”) and opt for vegan cream cheese to create a delightful vegan version of this breakfast wrap.
- Gluten-Free Option Choose a gluten-free flatbread to make this recipe celiac-friendly, ensuring everyone can savor the deliciousness.
- Customize Veggies: Personalize your wrap by experimenting with your favorite vegetables, adding a unique flavor profile to your morning routine.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Equip yourself with the essential tools – a sharp knife, medium-sized pan, and that trusty spatula – as we navigate through the kitchen to create breakfast perfection.
- Sharp Knife for Chopping: Ensure precision while preparing fresh ingredients for your breakfast wrap.
- Medium-sized Pan for Cooking: The go-to vessel for sauteing, cooking eggs, and achieving the perfect meld of flavors.
- Bowl for Whisking Eggs: Blend your eggs to perfection, infusing air for that delightful fluffiness.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
- Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper: If you are making these wraps as a meal prep, it is best to wrap them in some foil or parchment paper and then freeze.
With these tools and equipment at your disposal, you’re well-prepared to create a delicious and visually appealing Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap that is 10x better than the Starbucks recipe and 10x better for you!
How to Make Your Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap
Get ready for the ultimate copycat Starbucks recipe that will blow your mind. Put on your breakfast chef hat as we walk through each step of crafting this morning meal prep optional delight – from whisking eggs to achieving the perfect crisp in the pan.
Saute Spinach and Tomatoes
Heat up a medium-sized pan, generously spritzed with olive oil spray. Toss in a vibrant handful of fresh spinach and 4-5 cherry tomatoes, cubed, creating a symphony of sizzling greens. Saute until the spinach wilts, and the tomatoes release their juicy essence.
Prep and Cook the Egg Mixture
Whisk together 92g of egg whites, a luscious whole egg (courtesy of Vital Farms), and season with a pinch of salt & pepper. The key here? Whip it until the mixture becomes a harmonious blend of fluffy goodness.
Introduce the whisked eggs into the pan with the tomatoes and spinach, ensuring an even distribution over the sautéed spinach and tomatoes. Let the magic happen as the eggs start to set, absorbing the flavors of the veggies for a wholesome taste.
Top with Feta and Chilis
Sprinkle 28g of fat-free feta over the egg mixture, creating creamy pockets of tanginess. For those who crave a kick, add 10g of crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers to infuse that extra layer of spice.
Prepare your Breakfast Wrap
Meanwhile, grab a sheet of lavash flatbread and spread a generous 31g of reduced-fat cream cheese over its surface. Season with a dash of salt & pepper, setting the stage for a delightful burst of creaminess.
Assemble your masterpiece by placing the cooked egg mixture onto the cream cheese-laden lavash. Now, channel your inner burrito artist – fold in the short edges and roll it tightly.
Cook until Golden Brown
Returning to the pan, cook the wrapped creation seam down first until it achieves a golden brown perfection. Flip and repeat for an all-around crispy texture.
Finally, the moment of truth – slice your creation in half and relish the layers of flavors and textures. Each bite promises a medley of creamy, spicy, and crispy goodness, making your homemade Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap an unparalleled breakfast triumph.
Tips and Tricks
Dive into the kitchen wisdom with smart sautéing techniques, spicing things up with optional chili peppers, making these ahead of time as a meal prep, and ensuring a creamy surprise with evenly spread cream cheese.
- Smart Sautéing for Flavor Boost: Elevate the spinach and tomatoes by giving them a quick sauté in olive oil spray. This not only enhances their natural flavors but also infuses a delightful richness into the breakfast wrap.
- Spice It Up with Calabrian Chili Peppers: Looking to add a kick? Don’t shy away from tossing in those optional 10g of crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers. The result? A spicy surprise that takes your breakfast to a whole new level.
- Creamy Goodness in Every Bite: When spreading that reduced-fat cream cheese on the lavash, make sure it’s even. This not only ensures a creamy delight but also prevents any unexpected flavor imbalances.
- Meal Prep Magic – Freeze and Reheat: Here’s the game-changer – this recipe is meal prep friendly! Prepare a batch, flash freeze them on a baking sheet for an hour, then individually wrap each in parchment paper or plastic. Pop them into a freezer-safe bag, and voila – your future self will thank you for these convenient, homemade breakfast delights and no more running over to Starbucks and dropping all that money.
- Customization for Variety: Feeling adventurous? Experiment with various fillings for a diverse breakfast experience. Whether it’s different greens, alternative cheeses, or a touch of avocado – customization adds a personal touch to each breakfast wrap.
- Achieving the Perfect Crisp: When rolling your masterpiece back into the pan, cook seam down first until it achieves a golden brown perfection. Flip and repeat for an all-around crispy texture that makes every bite a crunchy delight.
Meal prep doesn’t have to be a chore; it can be your secret weapon for a stress-free morning routine. These tips and tricks not only enhance the flavors of your Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap but also make it a meal prep champion, ready to tackle those busy mornings with a delicious homemade touch.
Preparing this breakfast masterpiece in advance opens the door to a world of convenience. Here’s your guide to mastering the art of storage and ensuring your Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap meal prep is ready to delight, even on your busiest mornings:
- Meal Prep: Once your breakfast wraps are crafted to perfection, consider preparing a batch for the week ahead. Lay them out on a baking sheet and flash freeze for about an hour This prevents the wraps from sticking together when stored for an extended period. You can also just let them cool once cooked and wrap them individually in foil or parchment paper and freeze.
- Reheating: When the morning hustle kicks in, retrieving a frozen wrap is a breeze. Unwrap and place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, ensuring it’s heated evenly. For those who prefer a crispier texture, a quick stint in the oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes delivers that perfect golden crunch.
- On-the-Go Convenience: Grab a pre-prepped breakfast wrap, toss it in your bag, and by the time you reach your destination, it’s a warm, hearty breakfast waiting to be devoured. Better than your average Starbucks recipe in my opinion. The ideal solution for those who cherish both flavor and efficiency.
- Freshness Preservation: While these wraps shine as a freezer-friendly option, if you plan to enjoy them within a day or two, refrigeration is the key. Pop them in the fridge, and when hunger strikes, a quick reheat ensures the flavors are as vibrant as the day you crafted them.
With these storage instructions, you’re not just preparing breakfast wraps; you’re creating a breakfast reserve that aligns with your schedule, offering a taste of homemade joy whenever you need it most. A copycat Starbucks recipe that is unlike any other. Embrace the freedom of a well-stocked freezer and the joy of a perfectly preserved breakfast ritual.
More Breakfast Recipes
I am a lover of breakfast and do think it is the most important meal of the day! Which is why I have a plethora of other healthy breakfast options just for you!
- Biscuits & Gravy Bombs
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Meal Prep
- High-Protein Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Easy Breakfast Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Answering your burning questions – whether it’s about making this wrap ahead, exploring vegetarian alternatives, achieving the perfect crisp, or catering to gluten-free preferences.
Can I Make This Breakfast Wrap Ahead and Freeze It?
Absolutely! This wrap is a meal prep dream. After crafting your wraps, flash freeze them on a baking sheet for an hour to maintain their shape. Once individually wrapped in parchment paper or plastic, store them in a freezer-safe bag. When hunger strikes, unwrap and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or for a crispier texture, pop them in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
Can I Use Egg Substitutes for a Vegetarian Version?
Yes, you can certainly opt for plant-based egg substitutes for a vegetarian-friendly twist. There are various egg alternatives available in the market, ensuring that you can still enjoy a protein-packed breakfast without compromising on flavor.
What’s the Secret to Getting That Perfect Crisp?
Achieving the perfect crisp is all about cooking technique. After rolling your wrap back into the pan, cook seam down first until it reaches a golden brown perfection. Then, flip and repeat for an all-around crispy texture that elevates the entire eating experience.
Any Suggestions for Gluten-Free Options?
Absolutely! To make this recipe gluten-free, choose a flatbread that is specifically labeled as gluten-free. This ensures that those with dietary restrictions can indulge in the deliciousness without worrying about gluten-related sensitivities.
Alright, lovely people, we’ve officially wrapped up our copycat Starbucks Recipe of the Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap! From the delightful sizzle of spinach to that satisfying crunch of the homemade lavash wrap, wasn’t that a flavorful journey?
I’m crossing my fingers that you’re walking away with not just a full belly but a sprinkle of kitchen inspiration and a dollop of enthusiasm for whipping up your own breakfast magic that’s a meal prep dream.
Spinach Feta and Egg Breakfast Wrap | Copycat Starbucks Recipe
- 92 g Egg Whites
- 1 Large Brown Egg (Vital Farms)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 30 g Fresh Spinach
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes (cubed)
- 28 g Fat Free Feta (Athenos)
- 10 g Crushed Calabrian Chili Peppers (Tutto Calabria, optional)
- 1 sheet Lavash Flatbread (Atorias)
- 31 g Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
- Add your egg whites and whole to a bowl and whisk together with salt & pepper.
- To a small/medium pan, add your spinach and tomatoes in some olive oil spray. Sauté until they soften. Add in your egg mixture and even everything in the pan.
- Top with your feta and chilis. Cover with a lid or another pan and cook until set.
- Meanwhile, evenly spread your cream cheese inside your lavash bread and season with salt & pepper.
- Add your cooked egg to the center, fold in the short edges and roll tightly like a burrito.
- Add back to your pan and cook seam down first until brown. Flip and repeat. Cut in half and enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!