The perfect way to start off your Sunday morning! Shakshuka is a delicious, savory breakfast meal that it guaranteed to satisfy anyone. Add any and as many veggies as your heart desires! Here I added in sweet potato!
Been way too long since I’ve made shakshuka and every time I wonder “what is wrong with me?” And “why did it take me this long to make again?” Such a satisfying savory breakfast and so easy to make! The perfect Sunday brunchin’ ☀
Sweet Potato Shakshuka
- ¼ Yellow Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, cubed
- 1 handful of Kale, chopped
- 15 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 organic Pasture-raised Brown Eggs
- Seasonings to taste – Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Cayenne, Turmeric, Salt & Pepper
- Wash & prep all your veggies.
- In a cast iron skillet, start off by sautéing the onions and garlic in some EVOO. After 1-2 mins, add in the sweet potatoes. Cook on low heat for roughly 6-7 mins. Add a splash of water, cover with a lid in between to steam the veggies and soften them.
- Once the potatoes look soft, add in all the spices. Mix evenly.
- Then add in the crushed tomatoes and kale, evenly mixing everything in. Using a spoon, create 4 small holes and crack open eggs. Cover and cook until egg whites have set.
- Top with cubed avocado, red crushed pepper, microgreens (been adding some to every meal!), and more kale.
- Eat with a side of crispy toasted sourdough bread!
- Cast Iron Skillet
Extra Notes & Tips
- Have fun and get creative by adding whatever veggies you want!
- If storing for leftovers, keep in a sealed container and add to some toasted bread like I did in the image above!
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!