Elevate Your Lunch Experience with a Quick, Creamy, and Protein-Packed Meal Ready in Under 30 Mins!
Welcome to a my latest obsession – these Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles! I’m legit hooked, like I’ve made them about 3-4 times in the last month (no joke). These noodles are my lunchtime heroes, coming to the rescue in under 30 minutes, and trust me, they’re not just any noodles; they’re the rockstars of the noodle world. creamy, dreamy noodles that not only taste like a slice of heaven but also pack a solid 33g of protein.
And let’s talk about the real MVP here – the air fried tofu. I’ve discovered the art of getting that perfect crispy goodness in just 6-8 minutes. Genius, right? And I didn’t stop there. I’ve jazzed up the peanut sauce game with powdered peanut butter because, you know, gotta keep it macro-friendly. The result? A sauce that’s the Beyoncé of the noodle show – stealing the spotlight and leaving you wanting more.
So, why am I raving about these noodles so much? Well, first off, they’re ridiculously easy to make. Like, throw everything together, add your toppings, and voila! Plus, they’re a high-protein party with 33g per serving. It’s like a protein fiesta on a plate.
Macros Per Serving
439 Calories | 39g Carbs | 18g Fat | 33g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Join me in my noodle-loving escapade where quick meets delicious, and lunchtime becomes a flavorful adventure. These Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles aren’t just a dish; they’re a vibe – a fun, tasty, and oh-so-satisfying vibe that I’m excited to share with you!
- Protein-Packed: Immerse yourself in the luxurious creaminess of these noodles, delivering a remarkable 33g of protein per serving. Each bite is a journey into a realm of satisfying goodness.
- Time-Efficient: Crafted for those seeking a swift culinary masterpiece, this dish promises to be on your table in under 30 minutes, ensuring a delightful balance between convenience and gourmet taste.
- Meal Prep Friendly: These noodles are like the superheroes of meal prep. Whip up a big batch on your designated meal prep day. Divide it into individual portions, and you’ve got a week’s worth of delicious, nutritious lunches ready to roll.
- Crispy Air Fried Tofu: Experience a textural masterpiece with the addition of air-fried tofu, providing a satisfying crunch that elevates the overall noodle experience to new heights.
- Powdered Peanut Butter: Delve into a macro-friendly paradise as powdered peanut butter takes center stage, bringing a velvety richness to the peanut sauce and adding a guilt-free twist to this delightful creation.
These top highlights will make you fall in love with these Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles. Because who doesn’t love spaghetti lathered in a creamy spicy thai peanut sauce?
Key Ingredients for this Spicy Thai Dish
To create this addicting Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles dish, let’s take a closer look at the key ingredients:
- Spaghetti: Lay the foundation for your noodle canvas with the timeless classic.
- High Protein Firm Tofu: Elevate the protein content with this star ingredient, bringing a satisfying bite to each mouthful.
- Sesame Seeds and Soy Sauce: Infuse the tofu with a burst of flavor and a tantalizing blend of textures that add depth to every forkful.
- Frozen Fajita Vegetables: A dynamic and convenient mix that introduces an array of vibrant vegetables to the dish, enhancing both visual appeal and nutritional value.
- Peanut Sauce: An exquisite blend of flavors featuring powdered peanut butter, soy sauce, Sriracha, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar-free syrup, and crushed red pepper, creating a sauce that tantalizes the taste buds with every drop.
- Toppings: Garnish your peanut noodles with green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and a squeeze of lime juice, adding the finishing touches that transform this dish into a culinary masterpiece.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Noodle Exploration: Feel free to experiment with different noodle varieties to achieve varied textures and tastes, customizing the dish to your preferences.
- Extra Firm Tofu: While I air fried tofu for this recipe, you can certainly use a different plant based alternative better suited for you. Tempeh, seitan, edamame and even chickpea are great options.
- Veggies: Tailor the frozen fajita veggie mix to your liking by swapping it with your preferred combination, allowing for a personalized touch that suits your taste buds.
- Peanut Butter Alternatives: While powdered peanut butter takes the spotlight, feel free to opt for regular peanut butter if powdered doesn’t align with your preferences. Keep in mind the calorie content will be much higher.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Preparing your Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles with Air Fried Tofu only requires a few essential tools and equipment. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Air Fryer: An indispensable tool in the culinary arsenal, the air fryer is key to achieving the delightful crunch of air-fried tofu, ensuring a perfect texture that complements the dish.
- Small Pan: This versatile kitchen essential comes into play for a swift sauté of the frozen fajita vegetables, adding a depth of flavor to the overall composition.
- Basic Kitchen Utensils: From mixing bowls to spatulas and tongs, ensuring you have the fundamental tools at your disposal ensures a seamless and enjoyable cooking experience.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
How to Make Your Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
let’s dive into the nitty-gritty of crafting these Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles to perfection:
Cook your Spaghetti
Start the noodle adventure by boiling 56g of spaghetti according to the package instructions. Opt for al dente for that perfect bite. Once cooked, drain in a colander and set aside.
Air Fried Tofu
Now, let’s work that tofu magic. Take 85g of high-protein firm tofu (I like the Hodo Foods brand), cube it up, and toss it in a flavor party – soy sauce, salt & pepper, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Now, here comes the game-changer – air fry the tofu at 400°F for 6-8 minutes. The result? Crispy perfection that barely took any effort.
Time to whip up that irresistible peanut sauce. In a small bowl, mix together 20g of powdered peanut butter (PB2), 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp Sriracha, 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger, 5ml of sugar-free syrup (Mrs. Butterworths), and a dash of crushed red pepper.
Stir until smooth, adjusting the consistency with a bit of water until it reaches your desired thickness.
Grab a small pan, toss in 85g of frozen fajita vegetables, and sauté them for a solid 5-6 minutes. We want them to be tender-crisp, adding that perfect veggie crunch to the mix.
Assemble & Garnish
Time to bring it all together! On your plate, lay down the cooked spaghetti as the canvas. Top it with the sautéed veggies, air fried tofu, and a generous sprinkle of green onions, cilantro, and chopped peanuts.
Drizzle that luscious peanut sauce over the creation, squeeze some lime juice for that zing, and finish it off with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. Your Spicy Thai masterpiece is complete!
Before you dive in, give it a taste. Feel free to adjust the seasoning – a bit more soy sauce, an extra squeeze of lime – make it truly yours.
Now, grab your chopsticks or fork (whatever your noodle preference), dig in, and savor the burst of flavors in every bite. These Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles are not just a dish; they’re an experience!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some valuable tips and tricks to ensure you achieve the perfect Peanut Noodles and Air Fried Tofu.
- Crunch Perfection: For the ideal tofu crunch, set your air fryer to 400°F and allow the tofu to crisp up for 6-8 minutes, achieving a delightful texture that elevates the dish.
- Creamy Peanut Sauce: Achieve the perfect peanut sauce consistency by carefully adjusting the water content, tailoring it to your personal taste and ensuring a sauce that complements the dish beautifully.
- Top it Your Way: Personalize your culinary creation by customizing the toppings, allowing for a flavor journey that reflects your individual preferences and culinary style.
While these Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles are best enjoyed fresh, I’ve got your back for those busy days. If you find yourself with leftovers, follow these storage steps to keep the flavor intact:
- Cooling Down: Allow the assembled noodles to cool to room temperature before storing. This prevents excess condensation that can lead to sogginess.
- Airtight Containers: Invest in some good airtight containers. Place the noodles, veggies, and air fried tofu tossed together and seal them tightly. This not only keeps the flavors distinct but also ensures your lunch stays fresh.
- Refrigeration: Pop those containers in the refrigerator ASAP. The optimal timeframe for consuming leftovers is within 4-5 days, maintaining both flavor and safety.
- Reheating: When you’re ready to enjoy your prepped meal, reheat the noodles in the microwave. This ensures that everything comes together just like it did on day one.
So, there you have it – not just storage, but a meal prep game plan that keeps your Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles at their peak, ready to brighten up your lunch routine even on your busiest days!
More Lunch Recipes
I am all about quick and easy high protein lunch options during a busy work week so check out some more of my recipes that you may enjoy!
What can I use instead of Powdered Peanut Butter?
Feel free to substitute powdered peanut butter with regular peanut butter, adjusting the quantities to suit your individual taste preferences.
What can I use instead of Tofu?
Embark on a protein journey by exploring alternatives such as tempeh or edamame, introducing a delightful twist to the dish while maintaining its protein-packed essence.
Is this dish Meal Prep Friendly?
While the true charm of this dish lies in savoring it fresh, you can toss the components together and store in containers, allowing for a quick and easy meal when time is of the essence.
Reducing Spice Level?
Tailor the spice levels to your liking by opting for chili paste or omitting Sriracha, ensuring the dish caters to your individual taste buds without compromising on flavor.
As you embark on this flavorful Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles journey, I’m genuinely thrilled for you to experience the joy they bring to my lunchtime routine. Whether you’re a seasoned home cook or just dipping your toes into the culinary waters, these peanut noodles with air fried tofu are here to make your mealtime a celebration of taste and simplicity.
Feel free to get creative with the ingredients, swap in your favorite alternatives, and make it your own. Share these peanut noodles with friends, enjoy them solo, or pack them up for a delightful lunch at work – the possibilities are as endless as the flavors in each bite.
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
- 56 g Spaghetti
- 85 g High Protein Firm Tofu (Hodo)
- To Taste – Salt & Pepper
- Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
- ½ tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce (Fusia)
- 85 g Frozen Fajita Vegetables
- 20 g Powdered Peanut Butter (PB2)
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- ½ tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 5 ml Sugar Free Syrup (Mrs Butterworths)
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Green Onion (chopped)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- 8 g Peanuts (chopped)
- Lime Juice
- Cook your spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Cube your tofu and toss in soy sauce, salt & pepper, and sprinkle of sesame seeds. Add to an air fryer basket and air fry at 400° for 6-8 mins.
- Add your sauce ingredients to a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add water to get desired consistency.
- Sauté your frozen vegetables in a small pan for 5-6 mins.
- Add your cooked noodles to a plate. Top with your vegetables, tofu, green onions, peanuts, peanut sauce, squeeze of lime juice, and some crushed red pepper.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!