Elevate Your Holidays with Protein-Packed Bliss in Every Bite
Step into the holiday season with a touch of sophistication and nutrition. My High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies, a fusion of tradition and health, promise an indulgent experience that’s both guilt-free and utterly delicious. Crafting these bite-sized wonders takes only 15 minutes, making them the perfect addition to your festive repertoire. Share the joy or savor every moment yourself—no judgment here!
As the holiday season unfolds, my High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies emerge as a culinary masterpiece, blending the charm of classic snowball cookies with a health-conscious twist.
Packed with 5g of protein per cookie and boasting a powdery sugar finish, these treats redefine festive indulgence. Join me in a culinary adventure that marries tradition with a commitment to your well-being—all accomplished in a mere 15 minutes!
Macros Per Serving
96 Calories | 12g Carbs | 3g Fat | 5g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Embark on a journey where every cookie offers a substantial 5g protein-packed punch, embracing the enchantment of classic snowball cookies in just 15 minutes of culinary magic.
- Protein-Packed Perfection: Every bite delivers a protein punch, with each cookie offering a substantial 5g of this essential nutrient.
- Snowy Goodness: Revel in the enchantment of classic snowball cookies, now elevated with a nutritious edge.
- Quick and Easy: In just 15 minutes, you’ll craft 14 delectable cookies—a perfect blend of speed and sophistication.
Key Ingredients for this High-Protein Cookies
Craft a symphony of flavors in this High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies with premium butter, creamy peanut butter, protein powder, powdered sugar, and finely chopped pecans—a blend that elevates richness, nuttiness, and protein powder.
- Unsalted Butter: High-quality butter lays the foundation for a luxurious texture.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Adds a rich and nutty flavor profile, enhancing the cookie’s overall decadence and also adding a protein-packed touch.
- Protein Power: Ensures a protein-rich experience without compromising on taste
- Powdered Sugar: Sweetness in the dough and an additional for the iconic powdery coating, adding an elegant finish.
- Cardamom: 2-3 dashes introduce a festive and aromatic dimension, elevating the overall flavor profile.
- Chopped Pecans: Finely chopped raw pecans provide a delightful crunch, adding a layer of sophistication and making these the perfect high-protein cookies.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Vegan Twist: Embrace a plant-based alternative by substituting unsalted butter with vegan margarine or coconut oil.
- Nut-Free Option: Opt for sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter to create a nut-free variation.
- Gluten-Free Choice: Accommodate gluten-free preferences by using gluten-free all-purpose flour.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Set the stage for your Mexican Wedding Cookies with these simple ingredients you most likely already have right at home!
- Mixing Bowl: A spacious mixing bowl is a canvas for blending the buttery and protein-packed concoction seamlessly.
- Parchment Paper: Line your baking dish with parchment paper for a flawless baking experience, preventing any sticky situations.
- Baking Dish: Choose a high-quality baking dish to ensure the perfect golden brown bottom for your cookies.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
With these tools and equipment at your disposal, you’re well-prepared to create delicious and gorgeous Protein-Packed Mexican Wedding Cookies. The right equipment ensures a smooth baking process.
How to Make Your High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies
Embark on a culinary adventure to create these exquisite High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies, a blend of tradition and nutritional goodness. Follow these detailed steps for a seamless baking experience:
Gather Your Ingredients
Ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature for optimal blending.
Measure out the unsalted butter, creamy peanut butter, applesauce, powdered sugar, vanilla protein powder, optional cardamom, and finely chopped raw pecans.
Create the Buttery Base
In a spacious mixing bowl, combine softened unsalted butter, creamy peanut butter, applesauce, and powdered sugar. Use a whisk until the mixture achieves a velvety smooth consistency.
For the protein-packed punch, add in the vanilla protein powder, creating a harmonious blend that enhances both the flavor and nutritional value of the cookies.
Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and optional cardamom for an aromatic and festive touch to achieve that perfectly nutty Mexican Wedding Cookie flavor.
Fold in the finely chopped raw pecans, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. The nuts add a delightful crunch to each bite.
Knead into a Cohesive Dough
Use your hands to knead the mixture until it forms a cohesive dough. This tactile step allows you to feel the texture and ensures an even distribution of ingredients.
Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 15 minutes. This step minimizes stickiness, making it easier to shape the cookies.
Portion and Shape
Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
Remove the chilled dough and pick off chunks, each roughly weighing around 25g. Roll these portions into small, uniform balls.
Bake to Golden Perfection
Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking dish, ensuring they are spaced evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms achieve a golden brown hue. Keep a close eye to prevent over-baking.
Powder Up for Snowy Elegance
Coat each cooled cookie in a layer of powdered sugar, delivering that iconic snowy finish. Ensure an even distribution for a visually appealing presentation.
Follow the detailed storage instructions to keep your High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies fresh and delightful for an extended period.
With your High-Protein Cookies ready, savor the moment and indulge in the delightful blend of flavors, textures, and festive elegance you’ve created. Share with loved ones or relish every bite yourself—it’s a culinary journey worth celebrating!
Tips and Tricks
Enhance the flavors by allowing the dough to rest, achieve cookie perfection with vigilance in the oven, and add a festive kick with 2-3 dashes of cardamom for an elegant twist.
- Chill the Dough: Allow the dough to rest in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes; this not only enhances the flavors but also makes it easier to handle.
- Watch Closely: Keep a vigilant eye on the oven; achieving golden brown bottoms is the secret to cookie perfection.
- Protein Powder: Be sure to choose a protein powder that you like the flavor of!
With these tips and tricks, your High-Protein Cookies will be even more delightful, whether you’re preparing it for a Holiday gathering with friends or all to enjoy for yourself!
Preserve the freshness and flavor of these exquisite High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies by following these detailed storage guidelines:
- Cool Completely: Ensure your cookies are cooled to room temperature before attempting to store them. This step prevents condensation inside the storage container, which can compromise their texture.
- Airtight Container: Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container. Choose a container that fits the quantity comfortably without overcrowding. This helps maintain the cookies’ shape and prevents breakage.
- Room Temperature or Refrigeration: While these cookies are generally fine at room temperature for several days, if you plan to store them for an extended period, consider refrigeration. The cold environment helps maintain freshness.
By following these comprehensive storage instructions, you can savor the deliciousness of your High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies for an extended period, ensuring each bite is as delightful as the first.
More Dessert Recipes
Who doesn’t love guilt-free treats?? I am all about them, which is why you can find plenty more recipes on my website that I know you will love.
- Protein-Packed Crescent Roll Apple Tarts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- Single-Serve Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Loaf
Can I make these cookies vegan?
Absolutely! Swap out unsalted butter for your preferred plant-based alternative, and you’re good to go.
What if I have a nut allergy?
Fear not! Choose a nut-free spread like sunflower seed butter or tahini to maintain the delicious nutty flavor.
Can I experiment with different protein powder flavors?
Certainly! Feel free to explore a variety of protein powder flavors to find your perfect protein-packed combination.
How long will these cookies stay fresh?
Store them in an airtight container, and they should remain delicious for several days. That is, if you manage to resist the temptation to devour them all at once!
Explore different options to find your perfect protein-packed combination.
As you savor the delightful results of your culinary endeavor, relish in the joy of creating High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies that not only tantalize the taste buds but also elevate the holiday spirit.
The perfect balance of rich, nutty, and protein-packed goodness encapsulated in each snowy bite makes these cookies a timeless addition to your festive repertoire. Whether shared with loved ones or enjoyed in a moment of personal indulgence, these cookies embody the spirit of the season—bringing joy, warmth, and a touch of sophistication to your holiday celebrations.
Cheers to the joy of baking and the bliss of enjoying your delectable creation!
High-Protein Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 14 g (1 tbsp) Unsalted Butter (Vital Farms)
- 16 g (1 tbsp) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 70 g Unsweetened Applesauce (Trader Joe’s)
- 60 g Powdered Sugar
- 90 g All-Purpose Flour (King Arthur)
- 62 g Vanilla Protein Powder (Optimum Nutrition)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3 Dashes of Cardamom (Optional)
- 35 g Raw Pecans (finely chopped)
- 15 g Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, add in softened butter, peanut butter, applesauce, and powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in your flour, protein powder, salt, and cardamom and mix until a rough dough starts to form. Add in the chopped pecans and continue to mix. Get in there with your hands and knead until it forms into a ball.
- Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 mins. This will help the dough stick to your hands less.
- Then, pick off chunks of dough roughly ~25g in weight and roll into balls. Add to a parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 mins. You want the bottoms to be golden brown so keep an eye on them based on your oven.
- Let them cool completely before coating each in your powdered sugar.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!