My Irresistible Go-To Breakfast that is Quick, Creamy, and Addictively Good
Ever wondered about a meal that defies monotony? Meet my go-to, the High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal – a creamy, protein-rich masterpiece that graces my table 3-4 times a week. This morning marvel is not just a meal; it’s a ritual, a symphony of flavors that keeps me hooked and fueled. It also makes for a great meal prep which is perfect for those busy morning – a quick and easy oat bowl to go!
If you’re on the quest for a breakfast that’s not just quick and easy but has the power to become an addiction you won’t want to break, you’ve come to the right place. It’s also a great meal prep that you can prepare ahead of time and pop open in the morning, add in your topping, and you’re good to go. It’s my favorite high-protein breakfast to make because of course it’s tasty af but also keeps me satiated till lunch.
Join me on this flavorful journey as we unravel the secrets of my go-to breakfast delight, a concoction so addictive it’s sure to redefine your morning routine.
Macros Per Serving
473 Calories | 52g Carbs | 16g Fat | 36g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Embark on a journey of satisfaction with a breakfast that’s not only quick but packs a powerful nutritional punch – introducing my High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal.
- Quick Fix: In under 10 minutes, indulge in a breakfast that’s not just quick but a burst of satisfaction.
- Macros on Point: With 473 calories, it delivers a powerhouse of 52g carbs, 16g fat, and an impressive 36g protein, ensuring you start your day on a nutritious note. It’s a high volume meal that will keep you full for hours.
- Satisfyingly Creamy: he secret? A harmonious blend of protein milk and Greek yogurt, creating a luxurious, creamy texture that elevates this oatmeal bowl, every spoonful.
Key Ingredients for this Baked Oatmeal
Craft your bowl of morning delight with the perfect blend of muesli, rolled oats, and a nutty symphony of hemp, flax, and chia seeds.
- Muesli: Dive into the wholesome goodness of Seven Sundays Muesli for a rich blend of oats, nuts, and fruits. It’s my favorite oatmeal to use and I’ve even gotten my sister addicted. Use code “TISHASVEGGIEEATS” for 30% off your next order!
- Rolled Oats: Elevate the texture with some more rolled oats, providing the perfect balance of chewiness and heartiness.
- Hemp Seeds, Ground Flax Seeds, & Chia Seeds: Harness the nutritional power and make it even more high-protein with this trifecta of seeds—hemp for protein, flax for omega-3, and chia for a fiber boost.
- Unsweetened Plant Based Protein Milk: Infuse your bowl with protein using the rich and nutty flavor.
- Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt: Achieve a delightful creaminess with Greek Yogurt, a perfect complement to the nutty base and the perfect way to make your oatmeal high-protein.
- Unflavored Protein Powder: A quick and easy way to boost the protein content seamlessly for a balanced and nutritious meal.
- Strawberries: and Blueberries Introduce vibrant bursts of sweetness with fresh, juicy strawberries. And then enhance the antioxidant profile with a generous handful of plump blueberries.
- Unflavored Protein Powder: Boost the protein content for a fulfilling breakfast. I choose to use unflavored to not interfere with other flavors.
- Crunchy Granola: Definitely gotta add a delightful crunch with some granola. My favorite is to use the Purely Elizabeth’s Maple Almond Butter Granola.
- Creamy Raw Almond Butter: Elevate the experience with a drizzle of creamy high-protein raw almond butter—perfectly consistent for that mouthwatering finish. Trader Joe’s is my favorite brand to use because the ingredients consist of just roasted almonds and it is the perfect consistency.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Customize Your Crunch: Experiment with different granola varieties for a texture that suits your preference.
- Fruit Variety: My go-to is strawberries and blueberries, but definitely explore other options if you’re not the biggest fan. Another fruit I love to use is cubed apples – works great if adding to your meal prep option as well as they don’t get soggy.
- Plant Protein Milk: Almond or soy milk can seamlessly replace plant protein milk.
- Protein Powder: While the recipe calls for unflavored protein powder, feel free to experiment with different flavored protein powders. Explore options like vanilla or cinnamon-flavored protein powder for an extra layer of complexity.
- Vegan Option: Opt for a dairy-free alternative to Greek yogurt and plant-based protein powder for a delightful vegan version.
Explore endless possibilities as you tailor this recipe to your taste, swapping ingredients to suit your needs!
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Keep it simple yet efficient with basic kitchen tools—your trusted bowl and microwave—making breakfast preparation a breeze.
- Microwave-Safe Bowl: Keep it simple with essential kitchen tools, ensuring a hassle-free preparation. And if making this recipe as a meal prep, store in some airtight containers like mason jars.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
How to Make Your High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal
Craft your breakfast masterpiece in a few simple steps—combine dry ingredients, add protein milk, achieve creaminess with Greek yogurt, and top it off with vibrant berries, granola, and a luscious almond butter drizzle.
Combine Dry Ingredients
Begin the symphony by gathering your dry ingredients. Measure out 25g each of Seven Sundays Muesli and Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats, creating a wholesome base.
Elevate the nutritional profile with the nutty trio—add 0.5 tsp each of hemp seeds, ground flax seeds, and chia seeds. Mix these ingredients in a bowl, setting the stage for your breakfast masterpiece.
Add Protein Milk and Microwave
Pour 150ml of your milk into the bowl, ensuring a generous coating of your dry mix. Microwave the concoction for 1 minute, letting the warmth infuse the oats with a comforting touch. This step not only accelerates the preparation but also enhances the overall creaminess.
Greek Yogurt and Protein Powder
Once out of the microwave, add 90g of Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt and 14g (half a scoop) of your Protein Powder to the mix. Gently scoop and stir until it seamlessly blends in, creating a lusciously creamy texture.
This step is pivotal in achieving the perfect balance of flavors and consistency. It will also give a huge boost to this high-protein meal.
Transform your quick and easy breakfast bowl into a visual and flavorful delight. Begin by adding approximately five medium cubed strawberries, ensuring an even distribution. Follow up with a handful of blueberries, introducing vibrant bursts of sweetness.
Sprinkle 16g of Purely Elizabeth’s Maple Almond Butter granola for that satisfying crunch. Finally, crown your creation with an artistic drizzle of 10g of Trader Joe’s creamy raw almond butter, ensuring a mouthwatering finish.
Your High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal masterpiece is now ready to delight your taste buds. Dive in and relish the symphony of textures and flavors, from the chewiness of oats to the creaminess of Greek yogurt, and the delightful crunch of granola.
Or make this ahead of time for the week and have the perfect ready-to eat meal prep for those busy mornings.
Every spoonful is a celebration of wholesome ingredients harmonizing for a breakfast experience like no other. Brace yourself for a taste journey that’s quick, delicious, and undoubtedly addictive.
Tips and Tricks
Following these tips and tricks will ensure a flawlessly blended creamy texture, personalized toppings, and the ideal creamy texture.
- Perfect Consistency: The almond butter from Trader Joe’s offers the ideal drizzling consistency, ensuring an even distribution of creamy goodness.
- Meal Prep Overnight Oats: Transform this breakfast delight into overnight oats for a seamless morning routine. Wake up to a ready-to-eat bowl, saving you time without compromising the vibrant flavors. This overnight oats twist ensures that the joy of your High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal extends to even the busiest mornings.
While my High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal is undeniably best enjoyed fresh, I’m all about making your mornings seamless. Consider transforming this delightful creation into a meal prep masterpiece by crafting it into overnight oats for a quick and easy morning option.
- Short-Term Storage (Up to 3 Days): Place the leftovers in an airtight container and pop it into the refrigerator. This ensures that your breakfast bliss stays fresh for the next couple of days.
- Reheating: When ready to indulge again, simply reheat in the microwave (without toppings), and it’s good as new!
More Breakfast Recipes
I am a lover of breakfast and do think it is the most important meal of the day! Which is why I have a plethora of other healthy sweet and savory breakfast options just for you!
- Biscuits & Gravy Bombs
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Meal Prep
- High-Protein Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Easy Breakfast Sweet Potato Shakshuka
*Can I use regular dairy milk instead of plant-based protein milk?
Absolutely, feel free to substitute with your preferred milk variant. The key is to maintain the balance of creaminess and protein.
What’s the best alternative to Greek yogurt for a non-dairy version?
Explore non-dairy yogurt options to maintain creaminess while catering to your dietary preferences.
Can I prepare this the night before for a grab-and-go meal prep breakfast?
While the optimal experience is fresh, prepping the base ingredients ahead ensures a quick morning assembly without compromising on flavor.
As you savor each spoonful of this High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal, let the symphony of flavors awaken your taste buds and energize your day. Whether it’s a quick and easy breakfast before a busy day or a delightful treat during a leisurely morning, this recipe embodies the perfect blend of nutrition and indulgence.
Now armed with the secrets to crafting this morning masterpiece, make it a ritual, a celebration of wholesome ingredients that dance on your palate. Share the joy with others or revel in the blissful solitude of this breakfast affair.
May each bite be a reminder that a delightful start to your day is just a bowl away. Here’s to mornings filled with joy, flavor, and the simple pleasure of a satisfying high-protein breakfast!
High-Protein Breakfast Oatmeal
- 25 g Muesli Unsweetend Oats (Seven Sundays)
- 10 g Rolled Oats (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 0.5 tsp each Hemp Seeds, Ground Flax Seeds, & Chia Seeds
- 150 ml Unsweetened Plant Based Protein Milk (Flax + Hemp Protein Milk by Good Karma)
- 90 g Plain Non Fat Greek Yogurt (Siggi’s)
- 14 g )1/2 scoop) Unflavored Protein Powder (Quest)
- ~5 medium Strawberries (cubed)
- ⅓ cup Blueberries
- 16 g Granola (Purely Elizabeth Maple Almond Butter)
- 10 g Creamy Raw Almond Butter (Trader Joe’s)
- In a bowl, measure out your muesli and rolled oats. Then add in your hemp, flax, and chia seeds.
- Then pour in your high protein milk. Mix and microwave for 1 minute.
- Scoop in your Greek yogurt and mix until nice and creamy.
- Top with your cubed strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle on your granola, drizzle your almond butter, and enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!