Elevate Your Brunch Game with this Ooey Gooey Stuffed French Toast!
Prepare to elevate your brunch game with a culinary masterpiece that’s not only satisfying but also incredibly easy to whip up—introducing the delectable Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast! This brunch-at-home wonder is a symphony of flavors and textures, where the hearty goodness of high-protein bread meets the velvety richness of a runny yolk, all bound together by the comforting embrace of peanut butter.
In less than 20 minutes, you can treat yourself to a breakfast experience that transcends the ordinary, creating a symphony of tastes that will leave your taste buds doing a happy dance. Crafted with a fun and quirky touch, this French toast creation is a testament to the beauty of simplicity—requiring only a handful of easily accessible ingredients to transform your morning into a culinary adventure.
Whether you’re a brunch enthusiast or a culinary explorer seeking a quick and delightful morning treat, this recipe promises a symphony of flavors that will undoubtedly become a staple in your home kitchen.
Taking brunch up a notch, my Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast gives a playful twist to Vietnamese Lava Toast vibes. Think crispy bread, creamy peanut butter, and a surprise runny yolk—a brunch combo that winks at tradition but does its own thing. It’s like comfort food with a quick and easy upgrade.
Macros Per Serving
310 Calories | 40g Carbs | 17g Fat | 32g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Let’s dive into the world of sizzling pans, ooey-gooey goodness of a runny yolk, and the aromatic allure of a brunch creation that’s bound to become a favorite in your repertoire.
- Under 20 Mins: Perfect for those busy mornings when you crave a kick-ass brunch without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Protein-Packed Perfection: Each serving boasts a satisfying balance with 32g of protein, 40g of carbs, and 17g of healthy fats.
- Ooey Gooey Goodness: The star of the show? A runny egg yolk nestled within a peanut butter-hugged bread sandwich, creating an indulgent experience.
This mouthwatering recipe combines the goodness of high-protein bread, creamy peanut butter, and the indulgence of a runny yolk—all wrapped up in a delightful French toast experience.
Key Ingredients for this French Toast
To create this delectable Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast, let’s take a closer look at the key ingredients:
- Protein Bread: Choose a high-protein bread for that extra boost.
- Large Brown Eggs: Quality eggs for the perfect, rich yolk.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Provides a nutty richness to complement the egg.
- Vanilla Protein Shake: Amps up the protein and adds a hint of sweetness.
- Splash of Vanilla Extract & Pinch of Cinnamon: Needed to elevate the flavor profile.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Bread: Experiment with different types of protein-rich bread for variety. I just prefer the one from H-E-B for it’s macros and it’s affordability!
- Protein Shake: Try different flavors to customize your French toast experience.
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Preparing your Stuffed French Toast with a Runny Yolk requires a few essential tools and equipment to ensure a seamless and delightful cooking experience. Here’s a more detailed list of what you’ll need:
- Small Flat Dish: Use this to whisk your French toast mixture together. You want it wide enough to dip your bread and coat.
- Whisk: To blend the egg whites, protein shake, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
- Nonstick Pan: Ensures even cooking without sticking.
These tools and equipment will ensure you’re well-prepared to create a delicious and visually appealing french toast with a runny yolk. It will allow for a smooth cooking process and sets the stage for a delightful breakfast experience.
How to Make Your Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast
Here is the step-by-step guide for this French Toast recipe that ensures a delicious outcome with the perfect runny yolk, where each bite encapsulates the perfect balance of textures and flavors.
Prepare the Bread Sandwich
Begin by cutting a square out of one bread slices, creating the perfect pocket. Spread half of the peanut butter on top and layer it with another slice. Crack the eggs, separating the yolks into your small dish for the french toast mixture.
Gently pour the egg yolks into the bread pocket. Spread the remaining peanut butter around the edges and close the sandwich with another slice, securing the runny yolks within.
Whisk Up the French Toast Batter
In a separate dish, combine the egg whites, vanilla protein shake, vanilla extract, and a pinch of cinnamon. Whisk until smooth, creating a luscious batter for your French toast.
Dip your assembled bread sandwich into the batter, ensuring a quick and even coat on all sides. The protein-rich blend adds a delightful texture to the exterior. Don’t soak it for too long otherwise the bread will get soggy and you will have to cook it for longer – potentially not allowing for the runny yolk!
Cook to Golden Perfection
Heat a pan with coconut oil spray over medium to high heat. Place your coated sandwich in the pan, cooking it evenly on all sides until achieving a golden-brown perfection. Be cautious not to overcook, preserving the gooey yolks inside.
Top and Enjoy
Finish off your masterpiece by drizzling sugar-free syrup and sprinkling powdered sugar on top. Cut into the middle, revealing the delightful fusion of crispy exterior and runny yolk. Now, savor the indulgence of your Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast creation!
Tips and Tricks
Here are some valuable tips and tricks to make your preparation of the French Toast even more enjoyable and successful and make sure you get the best runny yolk!
- Temperature Control is Key: Maintain a medium to high heat for cooking, ensuring a golden exterior while preserving the gooey yolks inside. Don’t rush the process; a patiently cooked French toast is the secret to perfection.
- Swift Coating for Crispy Texture: When dipping the sandwich in the batter, move swiftly to ensure an even coating. This technique ensures you don’t have a soggy french toast but still have the runny yolk inside.
- Selecting the Right Bread: Opt for a high-protein bread to elevate the nutritional value. Experiment with different varieties for a personalized touch to your Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast.
- Cook on High Heat: Cook your french toast on high heat and evenly on all edges to ensure the egg batter on the outside cooks but still keeps the yolk inside undercooked so you get that perfect runny yolk when you cut into it.
- Use a Non-Stick Pan: A non-stick pan is ideal for this recipe as it prevents the ingredients from sticking and makes cleaning up a breeze.
While this Stuffed French Toast creation is best enjoyed fresh off the pan, leftovers can be stored for later indulgence.
- Reheating for Revival: If you find yourself with leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge. To revive the crispiness, gently reheat in a toaster or oven.
- Separate Syrup and Sugar: If storing for later consumption, consider keeping the syrup and powdered sugar separate until serving. This ensures the toppings maintain their intended textures.
- Portion for Perfect Enjoyment: If planning to store individual servings, portioning before refrigeration allows for convenient and quick reheating, ensuring each bite retains its original charm.
These tips guarantee not only a successful cooking experience but also provide insights into preserving the delightful qualities of your Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast for whenever the craving strikes.
More Breakfast Recipes
I am a lover of breakfast and do think it is the most important meal of the day! Which is why I have a plethora of other healthy sweet and savory breakfast options just for you!
- Biscuits & Gravy Bombs
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Meal Prep
- High-Protein Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Easy Breakfast Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Can I use a different type of bread?
Absolutely! Experiment with various protein-rich bread options for a unique twist.
How do I avoid overcooking the French toast?
Keep a close eye on the cooking process, ensuring a golden brown exterior while preserving the runny yolk inside.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can store leftovers and reheat for a tasty next-day treat.
Can I customize the protein shake flavor?
Certainly! Choose your favorite protein shake flavor to tailor the overall taste to your liking.
Ready to embark on a brunch adventure? Dive into the delightful world of Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast with an ooey gooey runny yolk—you won’t be disappointed!
As you embark on the journey of making this egg yolk stuffed French toast, be prepared to witness the magic unfold, turning basic ingredients into a brunch sensation. Get ready to indulge in a brunch experience that’s not just about the meal but a celebration of the joy that comes with crafting something deliciously extraordinary.
Egg Yolk Stuffed French Toast
- 3 Slices Protein Bread (Higher Harvest)
- 2 Large Brown Eggs (Vital Farms)
- 4 g Creamy Peanut Butter
- 50 ml Vanilla Protein Shake (Orgain)
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 15 ml Sugar Free Syrup (Mrs Butterworths)
- Sprinkle of Powdered Sugar
- Cut a square out of the middle of one of your bread slices. Spread half your peanut butter to the top and lay it down on another slice of bread.
- Crack an egg over a small flat dish and pour out just the egg whites. Pour the egg yolk into your bread hole. Repeat for second egg.
- Spread the remaining peanut butter to the edges and close over the other slice of bread.
- In your dish with egg whites, add in your protein shake, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk together until smooth.
- Dip your bread sandwich into your mixture and quickly evenly coat on all sides.
- Add to a pan on medium to high heat with coconut oil spray. Cook evenly on all sides until golden brown. Don’t overcook otherwise the inside yolks won’t be as runny!
- Top with your syrup and powdered sugar. Cut into the middle and enjoy!
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!