Immerse Yourself in Winter’s Warm Embrace
Imagine waking up on a crisp winter morning with the air filled with the irresistible scent of gingerbread wafting from your kitchen. That’s the magic you’ll conjure when making my Protein-Packed Gingerbread Baked Oats. It’s not just about a meal; it’s an experience – a cozy embrace that kickstarts your day with warmth and flavor.
Elevate your breakfast game with this symphony of flavors and wholesome ingredients that not only promise a delightful start to your day but also embody the essence of winter comfort.
So, roll up those sleeves, because we’re about to dive into a culinary adventure that’s as comforting as it is delicious. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a breakfast novice, this recipe is your ticket to a morning filled with creamy dreaminess and the festive feels of the holiday season.
Let’s get ready to turn our kitchens into a haven of gingerbread bliss!
Macros Per Serving
403 Calories | 54g Carbs | 8g Fat | 31g Protein
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Immerse yourself in a velvety journey of a high-protein oatmeal recipe, where comfort and indulgence dance in perfect harmony.
- Creamy Dreamy Delight: Experience the velvety texture of baked oats, creating a harmonious symphony of comfort and indulgence. It’s not just breakfast; it’s a delightful escape into a world of creamy dreaminess.
- One-Bowl: Simplify your morning ritual with this easy-to-prep, easy-to-clean masterpiece. The convenience of a one-bowl wonder ensures a stress-free start to your day, allowing you to savor every moment.
- Holiday Feels, Anytime: Transport yourself to the festive spirit with flavors that capture the essence of the holiday season. These baked oats aren’t just for breakfast; they’re a celebration of winter mornings, any day of the week.
- Protein-Packed: A guilt-free pleasure, boasting 31g of protein per serving, making it an ideal fuel to kickstart your day. Indulge without compromise and let your taste buds revel in the perfect balance of flavor and nutrition.
Key Ingredients for this Baked Oatmeal
Unveil the essence of flavor with a carefully curated ensemble of ingredients, where ripe bananas, protein-rich milk, and Greek yogurt join forces to create a protein-packed symphony.
- Ripe Banana: A natural sweetener and binder that adds a fruity depth to the dish.
- Plant Protein Milk: Infuse your baked oats with a protein boost while keeping it plant-based.
- Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt: Enhance the creaminess and protein content of your breakfast.
- Vanilla Extract: Elevate the flavor profile with a hint of vanilla goodness.
- Blackstrap Molasses: Essential to achieve the perfect Gingerbread flavors. It introduce a rich, robust sweetness.
- Oat Flour: Achieve a smoother texture and enhanced oat flavor.
- Whole Rolled Oats: Add a chewy gluten-free element, creating a satisfying texture in every bite.
- Unflavored Protein Powder: Boost the protein content for a fulfilling breakfast. I choose to use unflavored to not interfere with other flavors.
- Powdered Peanut Butter: Helps infuse a nutty richness without the extra calories.
- Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg: Immerse your dish in the warm, spicy notes of ginger, a touch of sweetness with cinnamon and warmth to evoke the essence of the holiday season with nutmeg
- Creamy Almond Butter: Top your creation with a luscious swirl of almond butter for added richness and a high-protein oatmeal.
- Hemp Seeds: Sprinkle nutrient-packed hemp seeds for a delightful crunch.
- Splash of Milk: Add a finishing touch with a splash of your preferred milk for a perfect blend of creaminess.
For those who may have specific preferences, here are some substitution ideas:
- Banana: Easily swap it for equal parts applesauce to introduce a delightful fruity note but keep the same texture.
- Plant Protein Milk: Almond or soy milk can seamlessly replace plant protein milk.
- Protein Powder: While the recipe calls for unflavored protein powder, feel free to experiment with different flavored protein powders. Explore options like vanilla or cinnamon-flavored protein powder for an extra layer of complexity.
Explore endless possibilities as you tailor this recipe to your taste, swapping ingredients to suit your needs!
**If there is a sub I haven’t mentioned above, it’s because I have not tested it and can’t speak for how well it would work for this recipe.
Equipment and Tools
Arm yourself with simplicity – a single oven-safe bowl and basic kitchen utensils – to embark on the effortless journey of crafting this delightful morning masterpiece.
- Oven-Safe Bowl: A large enough oven-safe bowl for this dish will make the prep and baking process seamless and efficient.
- Measuring Scale: I prefer to use a scale to weigh out all the larger ingredients for a more precise measurement.
How to Make Your Gingerbread Baked Oats
Craft your morning bliss step by step, from mashing ripe bananas to the final touch of creamy almond butter, with this straightforward guide to baking perfection.
Mix Together your Wet Ingredients
Begin by mashing a ripe banana in an oven-safe bowl. This fruity foundation not only sweetens your dish naturally but also contributes to its delightful texture.
Introduce the remaining wet ingredients to the banana base. Combine plant protein milk, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and blackstrap molasses. Ensure a thorough mix, allowing the flavors to meld and create a rich, aromatic wet mixture.
Incorporate the Dry Ingredients
Gradually incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Add oat flour, whole rolled oats, unflavored protein powder, powdered peanut butter, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
Meticulously blend these elements, ensuring a seamless integration that promises a textural masterpiece in every bite.
Bake your Oatmeal
Preheat your oven to 350° and let the baking symphony commence. Place your amalgamation in the oven-safe bowl, allowing it to bake for 30-35 minutes.
Keep an eye out for that perfect moment when the oats reach their ideal level of creaminess and the gingerbread aroma fills your kitchen.
Elevate your creation to its full glory by topping it with creamy almond butter, sprinkling nutrient-packed hemp seeds, and adding a splash of milk for the finishing touch.
This crowning step adds layers of richness, crunch, and creaminess to your Gingerbread Baked Oats.
The final and most crucial step – savor the delightful aroma and flavors of your creation. Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven or reheated the next day, let each spoonful bring you into a world of winter comfort and breakfast bliss.
Tips and Tricks
Following these tips and tricks will ensure a flawlessly blended creamy texture, personalized toppings, and the ideal baking time for your creamy preference.
- Smooth Batter: Approach the mixing of wet and dry ingredients with precision, ensuring a flawlessly blended texture.
- Customized Toppings: Elevate the culinary experience by customizing toppings with your preferred nuts or seeds for an added layer of crunch.
- Baking Time: Tailor the baking time to achieve your preferred level of creaminess, as individual preferences may vary.
With these tips and tricks, your Protein-Packed Gingerbread Baked Oats will be a hit this Holiday Season. It’s super filling and the two servings are perfect for you and a loved one or saved for another day!
Once you’ve relished the cozy decadence of your Gingerbread Baked Oats, ensure their continued enjoyment by following these simple storage guidelines. If there happen to be any leftovers (though that’s a big “if”), allow your creation to cool to room temperature.
- Short-Term Storage (Up to 3 Days): Place the leftovers in an airtight container and pop it into the refrigerator. This ensures that your breakfast bliss stays fresh for the next couple of days.
- Reheating: When ready to indulge again, simply reheat in the microwave or oven, and voila – the comforting aroma will transport you back to that first delightful bite.
Remember, the key is to keep your High-Protein oatmeal in a sealed, airtight environment to preserve their delightful texture and flavor. Whether you’re storing for a few days or planning ahead for a month, these steps ensure that every bite remains as delicious as the first.
More Breakfast Recipes
I am a lover of breakfast and do think it is the most important meal of the day! Which is why I have a plethora of other healthy sweet and savory breakfast options just for you!
- Biscuits & Gravy Bombs
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Meal Prep
- High-Protein Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- Easy Breakfast Sweet Potato Shakshuka
Can I use regular milk instead of plant protein milk?
Absolutely, feel free to substitute with your preferred milk variant. The key is to maintain the balance of creaminess and protein.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Absolutely! With gluten-free oats and protein powder. Enjoy the delightful flavors without compromising dietary preferences.
Can I prepare this the night before?
While the freshness is at its peak on the day of baking, you can prepare the mixture in advance and refrigerate it. Bake it in the morning for a time-saving breakfast that still retains its creamy texture and festive flavors.
How can I adjust the sweetness level?
Tailor the sweetness by adjusting the amount of molasses or by incorporating a sweetener of your choice. Whether you prefer a subtle sweetness or a more pronounced flavor, this recipe is adaptable to suit your taste preferences.
And there you have it, breakfast champions! Your kitchen has transformed into a gingerbread-scented haven of delight, and your taste buds have experienced the magic of protein-packed Gingerbread Baked Oats.
I hope this recipe adds a dash of warmth to your mornings, making every bite a celebration of comfort and flavor. Whether you’re a solo breakfast hero or sharing this treat with loved ones, the joy lies in the simplicity of a one-bowl wonder that brings the festive season to your plate.
Now, go forth and savor the lingering aroma, the creamy richness, and the delightful crunch – because every day is a gingerbread celebration when your breakfast is this good! Until next time, happy baking and even happier breakfasting!
Cozy Gingerbread Baked Oats
- ~100 g (1 medium) Ripe Banana
- 240 ml Plant Protein Milk (Good Karma)
- 85 g Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (Siggi’s)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 15 ml Blackstrap Molasses
- 50 g Oat Flour (Higher Harvest by H‑E‑B)
- 50 g Whole Rolled Oats
- 1 scoop (28g) Unflavored Protein Powder (Quest Baking)
- 13 g Powdered Peanut Butter (PB2)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 g Creamy Almond Butter (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp Hemp Seeds (Manitoba Harvest)
- Splash of Milk
- In an oven safe bowl, mash up your banana. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Then add in your oat flour, whole oats, protein powder, powdered PB, baking powder, spices, and salt. Mix carefully and really well.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 mins.
- Top with your creamy almond butter, hemp seeds, and a splash of milk.
The Nutrition Facts above are specific to the ingredients I chose to use for this recipe.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!