The best ever mini tacos that are both vegan and gluten free using tofu for the vegan chorizo and Jicama tortillas for the tacos. Paired with a super easy and creamy jalapeno cilantro salsa. The perfect dish for any get together or Taco Tuesday!
So excited to finally share these two recipes with y’all! Both are vegan & SUPER easy to make. Made some “classic” mini chorizo tacos using low cal jicama tacos & put my “almost-bad” jalapeños to good use. The PERFECT #TacoTuesday combo! You MUST try!
Vegan Chorizo Jicama Tacos with Creamy Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 1 cup Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 ½ tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 ½ tbsp Coconut Amino (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- To taste – Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili & Lime Seasoning, Cayenne, Salt & Pepper
Vegan Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 2 Jalapenos, halved
- 1 cup Cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 ½ oz Dairy Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ small Lime/lemon, juiced
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Chorizo Jicama Tacos
- 32 Jicama Tortillas
- Vegan Chorizo
- Red Onion, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
- Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Wrap your tofu in paper towels and press between plates to release excess water for ~15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Then use your hands to crumble in the tofu. Mix well.
- Saute in a pan (no oil needed) for a good 6-8 minutes so it's nice and crumbly. Set aside.
Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- Add everything to a food processor and pulse together until smooth. Set aside.
- Layer two tortillas together and cook in a pan (I like to layer two so the tacos are sturdier).
- Continuously flip until the sides start to brown (be patient!).
- Repeat for however many tacos you want (4-5 tacos is roughly 1 serving).
- Then add in all of your toppings! Drizzle with some spicy salsa and fresh lime juice.
Extra Notes & Tips
- I love the tofu from Trader Joe’s because they have Extra Firm AND it’s higher in Protein.
- Roughly 1 cup is equivalent to half a block of the Trader Joe’s tofu.
- Keep in mind, cayenne is a pretty spicy spice. So when adding it “to taste”, just use a small dash. The other spices, I usually dump a decent amount lol.
- The salsa can easily be made with dairy yogurt as well. Greek works the best for a creamier texture. You can also sub for sour cream.
- If you’re not a huge spice fan, remove some of all of the jalapeño seeds before making your salsa.
- Store both the chorizo & salsa in a air-tight container for up to a week!
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!