The best ever mini tacos that are both vegan and gluten free using tofu for the vegan chorizo and Jicama tortillas for the tacos. Paired with a super easy and creamy jalapeno cilantro salsa. The perfect dish for any get together or Taco Tuesday!
So excited to finally share these two recipes with y’all! Both are vegan & SUPER easy to make. Made some “classic” mini chorizo tacos using low cal jicama tacos & put my “almost-bad” jalapeños to good use. The PERFECT #TacoTuesday combo! You MUST try!
Vegan Chorizo Jicama Tacos with Creamy Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
The best ever mini tacos that are both vegan and gluten free using tofu for the chorizo and Jicama for the tacos. Paired with a super easy and creamy jalapeno cilantro salsa. The perfect dish for any get together or Taco Tuesday!
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 ½ tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 ½ tbsp Coconut Amino (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- To taste – Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Cumin, Chili & Lime Seasoning, Cayenne, Salt & Pepper
Vegan Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- 2 Jalapenos, halved
- 1 cup Cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 ½ oz Dairy Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ small Lime/lemon, juiced
- Pinch of Sea Salt
Chorizo Jicama Tacos
- 32 Jicama Tortillas
- Vegan Chorizo
- Red Onion, chopped
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Purple Cabbage, chopped
- Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Wrap your tofu in paper towels and press between plates to release excess water for ~15 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients.
- Then use your hands to crumble in the tofu. Mix well.
- Saute in a pan (no oil needed) for a good 6-8 minutes so it's nice and crumbly. Set aside.
Jalapeño Cilantro Salsa
- Add everything to a food processor and pulse together until smooth. Set aside.
- Layer two tortillas together and cook in a pan (I like to layer two so the tacos are sturdier).
- Continuously flip until the sides start to brown (be patient!).
- Repeat for however many tacos you want (4-5 tacos is roughly 1 serving).
- Then add in all of your toppings! Drizzle with some spicy salsa and fresh lime juice.
Extra Notes & Tips
- I love the tofu from Trader Joe’s because they have Extra Firm AND it’s higher in Protein.
- Roughly 1 cup is equivalent to half a block of the Trader Joe’s tofu.
- Keep in mind, cayenne is a pretty spicy spice. So when adding it “to taste”, just use a small dash. The other spices, I usually dump a decent amount lol.
- The salsa can easily be made with dairy yogurt as well. Greek works the best for a creamier texture. You can also sub for sour cream.
- If you’re not a huge spice fan, remove some of all of the jalapeño seeds before making your salsa.
- Store both the chorizo & salsa in a air-tight container for up to a week!
Save this recipe to your Pinterest Board and share it with your family and friends!
Be sure to tag @tishasveggieeats on Instagram and hashtag #tishasveggieeats!
Made this & it was super yummy!!
Yayy I’m so glad to hear it! One of my favorite recipes.